JANE AUSTEN FESTIVAL AUSTRALIA 12-14 APRIL 2019
These tickets include your lunches and late night suppers, tea breaks, dance workshops, demonstrations, talks, games and evening balls.
Limited Attendance extra-cost workshop registrations commence March 2019 when the program is finalised and presenters confirmed.
About Buying Festival tickets
Season Tickets provide you with entry to 3 days and nights of fun!
- first 100 tickets on sale at Earlybird prices
- ball-preparation/historic dance workshops each morning and afternoon
- fashion and/or history symposiums each afternoon
- costumed formal functions on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings
- costumed picnic on Sunday
- morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and late-night ball suppers provided. [Dinner is NOT provided & byo picnic on Sunday]
EDHDA Season Tickets are only available to:
- Earthly Delights Historic Dance Academy Students on a 10-week plan
- Children under 17 years attending with a registered parent
- male family members of registered ticket-holders
- In 2019 Jane Austen Festival Australia is offering a “90 minutes a day” Volunteer Ticket. We do not offer free volunteer tickets
- the volunteer coordinator will be contacting volunteers as soon as the festival program is released to ask them to choose where/when they would like to volunteer and to then write up a roster.
- Volunteers will be asked to help with welcoming guests, registration, festival shop, costume hire, setup and pulldown of the festival marquees & tables, washing up tea cups, sweeping the ballroom floor, maintenance/cleaning of the self-serve tea/coffee tables, emptying bins, vacuuming craft rooms, checking toilets have enough paper stock, ensuring water & cups for presenters in teaching rooms, making sure red chairs are not taken outside the Albert Hall, and more.
Become a Festival Friend to support the festival, be kept up to date with upcoming events and special-friends-only-discount ticket sales.
- Special ticket offers
- Priority booking of the Festival Program & Limited Attendance Sessions
- Your fee helps support this wonderful festival.
- Membership runs annually from 1st May to 31st April.
Children of Festival Friends and EDHDA Students and/or under 10 yrs are free but must register for a ticket by emailing [email protected]
Program Extras: Ticket holders will invited to register to attend daytime limited-attendance workshops that are priced separately to the season tickets from March 2019.
We DO NOT sell ball-only or picnic-only tickets. We’d love you to immerse yourself in at least one full day of this special event – if not all three days!
For safety reasons mugs and cups of ANY LIQUID are not allowed to be placed on window sills, sales tables or under chairs in the hall. You are welcome to bring your own food and drink to the festival.
Friday & Saturday: Lunches will be provided on the side patio or Bring-your-own. No dinner provided but a light supper will be available mid-way through the evening functions.
Sunday: Please bring your own or share a picnic basket at our private costumed picnic in the Lennox Gardens next to Lake Burley Griffin. No dinner provided but sweet refreshments served during the Ball.
Please Note: Fridge space is not available for storing special dietary lunches so we recommend bringing a small esky with freezer bricks – maybe cleverly concealed in a large cane basket? You are also welcome to visit the cafe at the Hyatt Hotel next door or walk via the underpass to the National Library cafe.
Disclaimer: By buying this ticket you allow photos to be taken of yourself and your children by other festival ticket holders and organiser and acknowledge that the photos and/or videos may be used in future festival promotions and published on their website, social media pages and printed literature. You also understand that there are no refunds for any reason.
REFUNDS: Please note: we do not offer refunds for any reason but do allow tickets to be sold at the same or lesser value to other people as long as you notify us of the change of name for registration purposes. It is a condition of sale that by purchasing this ticket you allow us to take photos and videos of you and your spouse or children at the event that might be added to our website and be used for future promotions of this event.
SMOKING: IN LINE WITH ACT GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS SMOKING IS NOT ALLOWED WITHIN 20m OF THE GROUNDS & BUILDINGS OF THE ALBERT HALL OR AT OUR PICNIC.
CAR PARKS: Parking vouchers will be provided for registered volunteers, disabled parking voucher holders and performers. Please refrain from parking along the lake-side of the hall as period ballgames on the lawns may damage your windows.