Jane Austen Festival Australia 12-14 April 2019
This year we explore a few themes: 200 years since the publication of Jane Austen’s “Northanger Abbey”, the 250th Anniversary of James Cook’s first voyage to Australia and the Pacific and one of Jane Austen’s lesser-known books, The History of England.
Mornings Earthly Delights Historic Dance Festival
Afternoons Jane Austen Festival Australia
Friday – Georgian Pleasure Evening
Saturday – Jane Austen Regency Ball
Sunday – Biedermeier/Waverley Ball
A varied workshop program will be offered at this festival and will include the following:
- Learn dances for the evening balls
- Historical hair styles
- The secret language of the fan and handkerchief
- Make a Georgian Hand Fan ($50, materials supplied)
- Georgian Sleeve Ruffles
- Georgian Pockets
- Fly Fringe
- Make an easy Regency dress – day workshop
- Regency chemisette
- Regency Aprons
- Ribbon Shoe Clips
- Make a Regency Shako Hat
- Introduction to improvised theatre – Jane Austen style
- Crochet a Pineapple Reticule
- Une coiffure à la française s’il vous plaît: Versailles hairstyles
- Victorian hairstyles and beyond
- 42nd Royal Highland Regiment Encampment
- Spindle spinning
- Sewing 101 – Basics for beginners
- Learn to sing a sea shanty
- Where was the real Northanger Abbey?
- Mr. Tilney vs. Mr Collins: Faith in Austen’s Life and Writing
- The History of England: from the reign of Henry the 4th to the death of
Charles the 1st. By a partial, prejudiced, & ignorant Historian.
Please note: Earthly Delights and Jane Austen Festival Australia and its Director reserve the right to alter the program and the acts as circumstances deem necessary.